Providing care for an aging loved one, although incredibly rewarding, can also bring with it a high level of caregiver stress. The around-the-clock pressure of meeting a loved one’s needs can quickly escalate to become caregiver burnout – a dangerous condition that can result in a loss of patience and emotional outbursts, impacting not only the caregiver herself, but her senior loved one.
It’s important to determine if you might be in danger of developing caregiver burnout, and to find help if needed. The quick questionnaire from our Medford home care team below can help uncover whether you have crossed the line from caregiver stress to caregiver burnout:
- Do you no longer find pleasure in enjoyable activities or interests?
- Are you struggling with back pain, headaches, fatigue, and/or feeling blue or depressed?
- Are you becoming sick more often than in the past?
- Is your temper shorter recently, either with your loved ones in private or in public?
- Do you lash out at your senior loved one when he or she exhibits challenging behaviors?
- Do you feel more emotional lately? Are you crying for little or no reason?
- Have you gained or lost weight without trying?
- Are you having problems with falling or staying asleep?
If your answers to these questions cause concern, it may be time to think about seeking help, for both yourself and your senior loved one.
At All Care In Home Care Solutions, our fully trained and experienced caregivers can share the load by providing in-home respite care services – whether for a few hours each week, full-time, 24-hour care, or anything in between, providing a much-needed break to take care of your own personal needs, enjoy some downtime to relax, and to allow you to be better equipped to provide the highest quality care for your loved one.
To learn more about our Medford home care services, contact All Care at (541) 857-9195. Partnering with our professional care team means you’re never alone!